No matter where your destination, your vacation will be more enjoyable if you pay attention to what you pack. For instance, if you fail to plan ahead for conditions such as unexpected changes in weather and unforeseen circumstances, you won’t be able to relax. And you’ll end up spending money on sundries such as toiletries, appropriate clothing and/or medications, which will leave less for stuff like snacks and souvenirs.
Here are some helpful suggestions for packing a proper suitcase:
1. Weather Check. Before you even choose your luggage, research the weather at your destination. If rain or snow is in the forecast, get a bag that will allow sufficient space for coats and cold-weather accessories.
2. Make lists. Checklists are great tools to keep you on task.
3. Plan each day in advance. This will help you decide how many pieces of clothing to take. A perfect pack-job will have you using every single item in your suitcase at least once. Challenge yourself not to over-pack. After all; you might be able to do laundry while you’re on vacation.
4. Put heavy, bulky items at the bottom of the case. This will protect delicate items and balance the weight of your bag.
5. Pack several lightweight layers. In fact—you might even consider rolling shirts and pants if you need space and aren’t worried about the weight. If you opt to fold, do so along the garment’s natural seam to keep clothing wrinkle-free.
6. Make the most of the space you have. If space is tight, use forgotten spaces inside your suitcase, like the inside of your shoe. Shoes are the perfect place to stuff socks.
8. Leave room for souvenirs. This is particularly important if your trip involves air travel, where extra baggage typically incurs a hefty fee.
9. Pack fragile items in the center of your case. The more carefully you wrap fragile items, the more likely they are to arrive intact.
10. Keep it clean. Put shoes in a plastic bag. This way, after you wear them, you can put them away without risking damage to any other items.
When you’re planning your next vacation getaway, consider booking a condo or house in beautiful Lake Arrowhead. Let the licensed agents at Arrowhead Property Rental help make your Lake Arrowhead vacation a happy and memorable one. For your convenience, we are open seven days a week and are located in Lake Arrowhead Village on the upper level, overlooking the lake. Our experienced and knowledgeable team will guide you and anticipate your needs, whether you are vacationing or relocating to the area. Call today: (800) 244-5138 for Special Requests and Dates or book online.
This is just a sample of where the blog posts will be. We will include lots of photos and links and will tag it so it will generate SEO.