Lake Arrowhead is a beautiful location for a “destination wedding.” It is just a short drive from the LA Basin and valleys below. Temperate summers set the backdrop for a gorgeous outdoor wedding. If Lake Arrowhead is your ideal wedding destination (and how could it not be?) we present you with a few helpful tips for planning your perfect day:
The size and style of wedding you desire determines the venue and Lake Arrowhead has several charming options.
- If you’re after an intimate rustic ceremony, Willow Woods touts itself as “home to some of the oldest trees on the mountain.” This venue has a variety of charming antique log cabins on the property, as well as a phenomenal pizza joint, LouEddie’s Pizza, which is available to cater your affair.
- Skypark Weddings is located on the site of the historic Santa’s Village. Surrounded by giant ancient pine trees, this venue provides the perfect backdrop for an elegant forest wedding for up to 250 people.
- Nestled alongside Lake Gregory, in nearby Crestline, San Moritz Lodge is a historic lodge with massive rustic wood pillars and lovely views of the lake. The Lakeview Room holds up to 250 and the Fireside Room holds 150.
Here, at Arrowhead Property Rental, we offer a large variety of cabins in various sizes, ideal for whatever size group you’ll be bringing along. During the inevitable hectic flurry surrounding a wedding, our vacation rentals help provide a “home base.” Our gorgeous trees and nature make for a charming and romantic honeymoon as well.
- Spa/Salons: Blue Jay Day Spa, Christine’s in the Glen (also offers bridal services or the Big Day), and From Head to Toe Salon
- Waterskiing: Mckenzie Waterski School
- Hiking: We wrote a previous blog post about some great local hikes.
- Boat Tour: Lake Arrowhead Queen Tour of Lake Arrowhead.
- Pub Crawl: Check out this post we wrote earlier about fabulous local taverns.
- Temperatures in Lake Arrowhead can fluctuate quite dramatically. Advise guests to prepare ahead of time for this by bringing appropriate clothing and shoes.
- Don’t forget sunscreen, sun glasses, bug spray, a small sewing kit, safety pins, moleskin patches and small scissors, mints, floss, anti-static spray, shoes appropriate to the venue, and a refillable water bottle.
- Finally, cell service isn’t always reliable in the mountains, therefore, it’s important to provide guests with detailed directions to the venue, rather than leaving it up to GPS.
About Arrowhead Property Rental
Arrowhead Property Rental offers a variety of vacation rentals, perfect for your event, and all without the hassles or expenses associated with standard hotel rooms. At Arrowhead Property Rental in Lake Arrowhead, California, we offer lodging to fit all tastes and budgets. For individuals, couples, families and groups, with stays of days, weeks, or months, we have what you need — all at great prices, with unbelievable amenities. Check out the possibilities. Summertime rentals fill up quickly. Don’t delay. Book today.