Gathering with the ones you love in front of a beautifully appointed table filled with delicious food makes a beautiful Thanksgiving picture. But imagine how much lovelier the scene would be if the weather matched the season? Last November, So Cal temperatures were so high, they broke records. Although we don’t yet know where the thermometer will land on turkey day this year, you can rest assured that the Lake Arrowhead area will be a good 10-20 degrees cooler than the valley below – brimming with the sights and smells of autumn. There’s still time to book a Thanksgiving holiday in Lake Arrowhead through Arrowhead Property Rental.
Make Your Plans
This year, Thanksgiving is November 23. So, take a few days off and make it a long weekend. There are lots of great holiday happenings on the hill!
- Hiking & Biking Trails – After a calorie-laden meal, you’ll likely want to exercise a bit. To find out about the great trails, check out the Lake Arrowhead Chamber of Commerce Website. As noted on the site, to hike most trail heads, you’ll need an Adventure Pass.
- Black Friday Sales – Outlet and specialty stores in Lake Arrowhead Village boast sales that compete with anything in the valley below. No matter who is on your gift list, you’ll be able to find great deals at Coach, Van Heusen, Bass, Leroy’s Board Shop, Arrowhead Sporting Goods, Pendleton, Sondra’s Boutique, Alexandra’s, Hearts’ Desire, and more!
- Take your kids to visit Santa. Kicking off with the annual tree-lighting ceremony on Friday, November 24 from 6-9 p.m., Santa will be available that Saturday, 11/25 from noon until 3 p.m. and again on Sunday from noon until 3. For more details about Santa’s schedule this holiday season in Lake Arrowhead Village, click here.
- If you prefer, you can visit the Jolly Old Elf while he is at Skypark at Santa’s Village. With attractions, restaurants and shops in a historic log cabin village, this is where Santa lives year-round! You can also experience the wonder of nature as you bike, hike, fish, zip-line, climb in the North Woods. During the holiday season, the park is transformed into a winter wonderland of fun for the whole family!
- Dining galore. Even if you feel like you’ll never eat another meal after pulling away from the Thanksgiving table, hunger will once again call. And Lake Arrowhead has plenty of places to answer. Whether you crave savory or sweet, you will find great spots to eat: Papagayo’s, Woody’s Boat House, Belgian Waffle Works, Subway, McDonald’s, BIN 189, in the Village, alone! Head just a few minutes in virtually any direction, and numerous other great dining options await.
About Arrowhead Property Rental
Anytime of the year, vacationing in Lake Arrowhead is fun and affordable. But during the fall, when leaves are falling, you can’t improve on the beauty of the San Bernardino Mountains. Whether you’re looking to spend two nights of luxury with 10 of your closest friends with a gourmet kitchen or would prefer to stay in a modest cabin for several days, weeks or months, at Arrowhead Property Rental in Lake Arrowhead, California, we offer lodging to fit all tastes and budgets – for individuals, couples, families and groups — all at great prices, with unbelievable amenities. Check out the possibilities. Don’t delay. Book today.