Our thoughts and prayers go out to Lake Arrowhead resident and owner of Diane’s Grill at the Saddleback Inn, Diane Hill, who was seriously injured during the recent Las Vegas shooting.
Did you know there is a place in Southern California where fall leaves change color, a cool breeze ushers in October and picturesque forests, mountains and meadows call your name? Located just about an hour or two outside the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles,
Lake Arrowhead offers chilly outdoor temperatures and provide the perfect backdrop to celebrate autumn. California live oak and black oak tree shed yellow, orange and red leaves, hearkening to resort locales much further east than the San Bernardino Mountains. This fall, instead of planning a long trip to the east coast, plan to celebrate the season by heading to the Lake Arrowhead area, where there is much fall- to-do-in October:
- Oktoberfest – Read more about this celebration in last month’s blog post. This annual event runs weekends through October 29.
- Jensen’s 27th Annual Pumpkin Patch – Held this year on Saturday, October 14, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. in a roped-off section of the grocery store’s parking lot in downtown Blue Jay, (adjacent to Lake Arrowhead), this fundraiser-festival is perfect for kids who enjoy playing games, making crafts and dressing up.
- Air Painting Workshop – October 9 through November 13, 2017 – every Monday for six weeks from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. All levels welcome. Experience the joy of painting, while learning the principles and fundamentals of fine art. Award winning artist and instructor Brenda Lee Gibson has a passion to paint and share all the knowledge and skills she has acquired and continues to learn. To sign up, contact the Mountain Arts Network.
- Santa’s Village at SkyPark:
- Fall Colors – Skate Night – at SkyPark at Santa’s Village at 28950 California 18 in Skyforest on Saturday, October 14 from 5:00 p.m. until 9 p.m. Tickets are $15 per person.
- Pumpkins in the Pines Harvest Festival – Fun-filled days with fall activities and treats October 21, 22, 28 & 29, Fridays from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Events include pumpkin patch; seasonal attractions; live music, ciders, steins and vines; Harvest games; apple orchard tours; crafts; photo ops.
- Spook & Skate on October 29 from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. Admission is $15.
- Halloween Trick or Treating! – If you’re weary of taking your kids door-to-door to collect candy and treats, head to Lake Arrowhead Village on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 @ 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm. Located at 28200 CA-189 in Lake Arrowhead, the annual event will include Trick or Treating, Thriller and other free performances by the Lake Arrowhead School of Dance at Center Stage. And don’t miss the costume contests for pets and kids.
About Arrowhead Property Rental
Anytime of the year, vacationing in Lake Arrowhead is fun and affordable. But during the fall, when leaves are falling, you can’t improve on the beauty of the San Bernardino Mountains. Whether you’re looking to spend two nights of luxury with 10 of your closest friends with a gourmet kitchen or would prefer to stay in a modest cabin for several days, weeks or months, at Arrowhead Property Rental in Lake Arrowhead, California, we offer lodging to fit all tastes and budgets – for individuals, couples, families and groups — all at great prices, with unbelievable amenities. Check out the possibilities. Don’t delay. Book today.