Mother Nature has doled out massive helpings of hefty winter weather in California this season. In fact, after several extremely dry years, a map released by the U.S. Drought Monitor shows that the worst of the Southern California drought is officially behind us. For skiers, this means fresh powder on a solid base and loads of skiing fun!
California natives who have previously rejected the idea of investing in expensive equipment for short seasons may find 2017 the perfect year to take the plunge. Of course, you could always order equipment online. But wouldn’t you rather try on your boots and skis to make sure they are a perfect fit? Since some of the best skiing in So Cal is at Snow Valley in the Lake Arrowhead area, we have put together a list of places you can go in the Lake Arrowhead area to get some kicking deals:
- Arrowhead Sporting Goods (Located just down the walkway from Leroy’s in Lake Arrowhead Village, this impressive store is a great place for sunglasses, jackets, hats, gloves, boots and more.
- Leroy’s Ski & Snowboard Shops (Features two Locations in Redlands, one in Running Springs, one in Lake Arrowhead, and another in Big Bear) – Also known as SoCal’s Elite Action Sports Boutique, Leroy’s was founded in 1949. With the latest in snow gear, Leroy’s outfits everyone from snow bunnies to pros.
- Blauers Ski & Board Rentals in Running Springs offers free shipping on U.S. orders over $60. Specializing in name brand equipment, Blauers offers everything from apparel to accessories (snow socks, beanies, face masks, watches, belts, backpacks, bags, wallets, keychains, goggles, glasses, boards, skis, boots, bindings, poles and electronics for skiers of every level.) Additional services include ski rentals and demos, snowboard rentals and demos, clothing rentals and equipment tune ups and repairs.
- Big 5, with locations across Southern California. Just down the hill, check out the one in Highland, at the foot of the mountain, just off Highway 330. With so many stores, Big 5 is a great place for great deals on ski and snowboard wear and equipment like skis and boards. So, try to buy local. But if you can’t find what you need in Lake Arrowhead Village, head to Big 5 for deals.
- REI – another place to shop if you can’t find exactly what you are looking for at local stores. The closest location to Lake Arrowhead is the store in Rancho Cucamonga, which makes it convenient to hit on your way to the slopes.
Anytime of the year, vacationing in Lake Arrowhead is fun and affordable. But during the winter, especially in the snow, you can’t improve on the beauty and fun afforded by the San Bernardino Mountains. Whether you’re looking to spend two nights of luxury with 20 of your closest friends with a gourmet kitchen or would prefer to stay in a modest cabin for several days, weeks or months, at Arrowhead Property Rental in Lake Arrowhead, California, we offer lodging to fit all tastes and budgets – for individuals, couples, families and groups — all at great prices, with unbelievable amenities. Check out the possibilities. Don’t delay. Book today.