The “big news” in Lake Arrowhead this winter is that Santa’s Village has reopened! First open in 1955, this winter-themed amusement park once boasted rides, bobsleds, a monorail, a petting zoo, and other attractions, but closed in the spring of 1998. In the summer of 2014, the park was sold to new owners who decided to rejuvenate the family favorite, with a soft opening held this week.
Highlights of is now called Skypark at Santa’s Village:
- The Polar Express Train Ride pulls out of the station each day, taking visitors through a winter wonderland including “Frostbite Tunnel” and the “Silver Bells Ice Skating Pond.”
- Let your child’s imagination unfold in the Discovery Playscape, an area plum-full of fun playhouses, obstacles, and musical toys. There’s even a large spider web “nest” they can use to relax and think about Christmas morning fun.
- Ice skating was once a San Bernardino mountain favorite, with celebrity skaters and amateurs alike enjoying the Ice Castle in Blue Jay, which closed in 2013, following a fire. Skypark at Santa’s Village has resurrected the tradition at Silver Bells Ice Skating Pond Glide. Make this part of your Lake Arrowhead holiday tradition by skating in the fresh alpine air.
- If you’ll be visiting with younger kids, stop in to see Santa. Skypark at Santa’s Village features an amazing comfy cabin filled with Santa’s personal belongings. Your kids will be thrilled to experience the magic of Santa while sipping hot cocoa.
- Santa’s Workshop Craft Experience. Every good little girl and boy will have the opportunity to make a holiday craft with Santa’s Elves in his workshop. Or write a letter to Santa and give it to the big guy himself!
- Live Christmas Shows & Storytelling. For songs, laughter and reverie all season, attendees will enjoy The Mistletones, Captain Tale Tale’s Dance Party, and Magic Shows. Watch the storytelling of the 12 Days of Christmas.
- Christmas Character Experiences will include spontaneous meetings and photo opps with Mrs. Claus, the Elves, Arrow, and Princess Sugar Plum.
- Younger tots who are still learning to bike ride can enjoy the Strider Balance Bike Trail. Kids simply use their feet to ride instead of pedaling, teaching them balance and coordination. And what better place to learn than at Santa’s winter wonderland?
- Let the kids run wild on the Magic Tree Bouldering Room, an indoor iceberg-cave climbing experience for all ages and experience levels.
- Santa’s Village Mining Co. You and your kids can mine for gemstones and arrowheads in Santa’s Sluice Box. You’ll be happy to know that each participant will hit pay dirt every time they mine.
- Santa’s Dump Truck & Bike Test Track Santa and the Elves need to test the bikes and helmets he will be handing out on Christmas. Help Santa keep the girls and boys safe by testing bikes for him!
- Making Spirits Bright Tree Lighting Parade Meet the Storybook Characters of Santa’s Village as they stroll to the Village Christmas Tree nightly to Make Spirits Bright!
- Candy and ice cream shop.
Important details to plan your trip:
- The park is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day, except on Christmas, which is when Santa will be busy making deliveries.
- Tickets are $60 each for
- Location – 28950 CA-18, Skyforest, California 92385
- Lodging – To find the perfect lodging for your needs, contact us at Arrowhead Property Rental.
Other Area Events:
Saturdays and Sundays at Lake Arrowhead Village – take a selfie with Santa from noon – 3 p.m. Enjoy the sights and sounds of Christmas, with trees decorated by area elementary schools. Free selfies are available, so bring your camera and let your kids experience the joy of telling Santa their Christmas hopes and dreams.
Anytime of the year, vacationing in Lake Arrowhead is fun and affordable. But during the winter when there’s a chance of snow (and Santa), you can’t improve on the beauty of the San Bernardino Mountains. Whether you’re looking to spend two nights of luxury with 20 of your closest friends with a gourmet kitchen or would prefer to stay in a modest cabin for several days, weeks or months, at Arrowhead Property Rental in Lake Arrowhead, California, we offer lodging to fit all tastes and budgets – for individuals, couples, families and groups — all at great prices, with unbelievable amenities. Check out the possibilities. Don’t delay. Book today.