When temperatures soar and smog is at its peak, it may be difficult to focus on work instead of daydreaming about vacation. But why wait until your “official holiday” for respite? Just a short drive from downtown Los Angeles, congested Orange County, and blazing hot desert communities, Lake Arrowhead is the jewel of the San Bernardino Mountains. So you can head up even if you have just a day or two to make the most of everything the area has to offer:
- Free Summer Concerts are offered every weekend from May until Labor Day, and showcase virtually every conceivable genre. So check out this summer’s offerings and schedule a trip around your favorite group’s event. Then, plan to arrive early to stake your claim on the grassy knoll hours in advance, or pay to reserve a table to guarantee your spot.
- Water sports at McKenzie Water Ski School. Although Lake Arrowhead is private, don’t let that keep you from enjoying the sand and scenery. One way to do this is by booking a lesson or tour through the local water ski school. Located in Lake Arrowhead Village, adjacent to the Village docks, this family-owned shop offers much more than lessons.
- Tours on the Arrowhead Queen depart hourly, on the hour, year round and offer vacationers a grand time aboard a majestic vessel. Hearkening back to days of old, the tour is navigated and narrated by a live captain, who shares area history including celebrity sightings and local lore.
- Movie Theater. After a day in the sun, you might want to relax with a tub of popcorn and an iced cold beverage at Blue Jay Cinema. Although it wouldn’t qualify as a multiplex, the theater features six screens which show the latest attractions.
- Hiking Trails. If you love the great outdoors, don’t miss the opportunity to witness nature’s bounty up close and personal. Whether your goal is fitness or fun, the trails in San Bernardino County National Forest are sure to please. Trails vary in length from 1-25 miles and boast everything from desert cactus to dramatic waterfalls, to mountain pines.
- Mountain Biking & Cycling. The only cross country ski area in Southern California with machined groomed trails, Rim Nordic offers daily mountain bike riding on the Rim Nordic Bike park trail system. The trail includes some great single track trails. Other events include mountain bike racing & trail runs.
- Rock Climbing. Dedicated climbers will want to make the Arrowhead Pinnacles part of their conquered hills. The large area has many routes scattered over rocky terrain which is similar to what is found at Joshua Tree. The approach is said to take about an hour and includes many crack and face routes from which to choose
Don’t forget to book a great place to stay while you are enjoying summer concerts in Lake Arrowhead. Whether you’re looking to spend a weekend of luxury with your closest friends with a gourmet kitchen or would prefer to stay in a modest cabin for several days, weeks or months, at Arrowhead Property Rental, we offer lodging to fit all tastes and budgets – for individuals, couples, families and groups — all at great prices, with unbelievable amenities. Check out the possibilities. Don’t delay. Book today.