Fall is a wonderful time in Lake Arrowhead. The dog days of summer start to cool, the leaves change color and the crowds thin, compared to the busy summer and winter months. IF you are looking for a great getaway this autumn, consider taking a fall trip to Lake Arrowhead:
Oktoberfest Starts Early
Oktoberfest starts in Lake Arrowhead earlier than any other similar event, with the kickoff on September 19. Enjoy great food and beer while strolling through picturesque Lake Arrowhead Village, which is often referred to as the Swiss Alps of Southern California. Highlights of Oktoberfest 2015 include:
- German-themed music
- Stein holding contests
- Dance parties
- Sauerkraut eating contests
- Dog and canine costume contests
- A great selection of German and Belgian beers from Spaten, Hefeweizen, Beck’s, and many more
- Delicious German food including bratwurst, knockwurst, sauerkraut, pretzels, and more, for sale at various affordable independent-vendor booths
Have a Spooky Time
Lake Arrowhead is a great place to celebrate Halloween. There’s a chill in the air, and a host of festive activities in the village set the stage for a spooky holiday. Halloween festivities include:
- A fun performance by KISS tribute band Kissed Alive. Held outside in Lake Arrowhead Village, the band will headline a free Halloween concert.
- Trick-or-treaters can roam the Village on October 31, collecting candy from Village merchants rather than roaming through neighborhoods.
- Many restaurants and stores get into the Halloween spirit with limited-time offers and festive decorations.
Other exciting fall activities:
- Enjoy the splendor of the season and the changing leaves by taking a nature hike at Aztec Falls or in nearby Heart Rock in Crestline.
- Take a paddle boat tour on the iconic Lake Arrowhead Queen, which is available for guided tours and wedding parties.
- Enjoy a warm drink at one of the area’s great restaurants. Imagine sipping on a Hot Toddy while enjoying a splendid lake view.
- Explore the lake on a boat, kayak, or while water skiing in September!
Fun times with the kids:
Lake Arrowhead is an ideal destination for families in the OC or Los Angeles who want a quick and safe getaway. Here are some of the top activities on tap for little travelers:Take the kids to the fun rides and go-carts at Lollipop Park, a smaller amusement park that is ideal for younger kids who crave adventure. Note – it’s open Thursday to Sunday during the fall (except during inclement weather.)
- Late fall can mean snow! Take the kids to the Snow Drift Tubing Park in nearby Running Springs for spirited tube races down the mountain!
- Enjoy the Children’s Forest hike, which is easily navigable for small legs.
- If you’re stuck finding something to do, simply take in the stunning views of Lake Arrowhead. The town is an exciting destination for families who want to escape the city or suburbs and get back to nature (while enjoying some good beer and food.)
Anytime of the year, vacationing in Lake Arrowhead is fun and affordable. But during the autumn, when the leaves put on a spectacular show, you can’t improve on the beauty of the San Bernardino Mountains. Whether you’re looking to spend two nights of luxury with 20 of your closest friends cooking in a gourmet kitchen or would prefer to stay in a modest cabin for a week, or a month, Arrowhead Property Rental offers lodging to fit all tastes and budgets – for individuals, couples, families and groups — all at great prices, with unbelievable amenities. Check out the possibilities. Don’t delay. Book today.